Illinois High School Summer Baseball
- Summer League starting date – first Summer Contact Day June 5th. Players still participating in the IHSA Playoffs are not eligible until their team is eliminated.
- Graduated seniors are not eligible. Transfer students are now eligible to play with their new high school.
- A team must play 10 games to be eligible for the Summer State Tournament.Please contact Mike Stock (email@example.com) with any extenuating issues.
- Any team that is not in a league, but plays 10 games, can enter the tournament.
- Any team wishing to switch leagues must be approved by both league directors and the summer high school director.
- The entry fee for summer league baseball is $75 - fee should be paid to the summer league division director or regional director. Make check payable to IHSBCA.
- Summer league baseball is governed by the Illinois High School Athletic Association Policies.
Phil Lawler Summer State Tournament
- Summer league regional directors will contact teams for the records for seeding purposes. Your summer league fee must be paid before seeding. Graduated seniors are not eligible. Transfer students are now eligible to play with their new high school.
- Regional directors will compile records and seed teams.
- The higher seeded team will be home team throughout the regional.
- Each team will provide two baseballs each game of the regional.
- Each team will be billed for one umpire each game of the regional
- Summer State Tournament will follow IHSA rules.
1. players and coaches must be in uniform.
2. coach must be a high school certified coach.
3. suspended games will be picked up at the point of interruption unless the game is official (4 ½ innings).
4. No protest allowed.
- 2017 Regionals: July 10th – 13th (play-in games may need to be played).
- Lawler Summer State Finals will be held July 17th through July 20st.
- North Central College and Benedictine University will host the state finals
- Regional host: 1. St. Charles East 2. Libertyville 3. Lake Park 4. Fenwick 5. Palatine 6. Lockport 7. Richards 8. Hinsdale South.
- Admission will be charged at regional and state final tournament games.
Any questions can be sent to Mike Stock
Naperville Central High School